Quantenna Communications Selects Azimuth’s Spider
April 21, 2016
Cutting Edge Wi-Fi Semiconductor Solution Provider Selects Azimuth’s Spider™ Scalable RF Platform to Support its 802.11ac, 802.11n, and Service Provider Testing
Quantenna Communications, Inc., a leading developer of 802.11ac and 802.11n semiconductor solutions for the next generation of ultra-reliable Wi-Fi networks, has selected Azimuth’s scalable automated RF platform, Spider™, for its wireless development and product testing, and for its system verification within its ecosystem of carriers, home networking, and consumer electronics vendors.
A natural choice for vendors and service providers interested in deploying cutting-edge technology, Quantenna provides carrier-class gateways to service providers worldwide, including AT&T, Orange, Telefonica, and OEM/ODM partners including Asus, Technicolor, and NetGear.
Among other factors, Quantenna selected Spider™ for its reliability, repeatability, ease-of-use, and end-to-end automation:
- End-to-end automation of entire test-bed through a test executive
- Unmatched repeatability and reliability
- Azimuth’s unique connection solution with its patented near field adapter ensures accuracy (unlike alternatives such as radiated testing in a shielded enclosure), reliability, and repeatability without the need to fine tune the position of devices
An excerpt from Sam Heidari, CEO of Quantenna Communications:
- We adopted their channel emulators in the early days of 802.11n since they offered the right mix of capability and ease of use
- We value the modularity and scalability of Spider
- Spider complements Azimuth’s channel emulation portfolio and their expertise in re-creating field scenarios within the lab makes the migration to Spider seamless and it also gives us the option to expand in the future