ACE RNX—NOW with a Virtual Network Environment (VNE) INSIDE!
The growing need for ubiquitous, high-capacity coverage is being addressed by the industry through LTE Advanced (LTE-A).
LTE-A takes a new approach to meet this need: multiple simultaneous connections (e.g., carrier aggregation), and network densification through heterogeneous networks (HetNet, multiple cells of different sizes, but of the same technology).
This approach has driven the evolution from a single-link, controlled-interference environment to a multilink, interference-dominated environment, posing new requirements for testing:
- An interference-dominated environment needed for HetNet
- Multilink scenarios corresponding to carrier aggregation, CoMP etc.
These requirements can’t be met with existing test solutions. Testing LTE-A requires a purpose-built solution capable of re-creating an external HetNet environment inside the lab.
Channel emulation is fine for testing single-link, planned environments, but it’s inadequate for testing HetNet. For that, you need environment emulation.
With a virtual HetNet environment inside, powered by Azimuth’s proprietary Virtual Network Environment capability, the RNX is the first and only solution capable of creating and controlling a complete HetNet radio environment in the lab.
The RNX delivers innovative new capabilities to address the technical and logistical challenges of testing LTE-A:
- Industry’s first and only environment emulation capability (enabled by the Virtual Network Environment capability)
- Industry’s only environment creation wizard, Scenario Builder
- Director™ II Test executive optimized for multilink testing
- Cloud architecture that maximizes test-bed utilization
- Advanced RF Performance