Azimuth Systems Inc. is a leading provider of wireless broadband test equipment and channel emulators for LTE-Advanced, LTE, WiMAX, and other 2G/3G/4G technologies. Azimuth’s products are used by the world’s foremost wireless semiconductor and system vendors as well as by leading service providers to speed time-to-market and improve wireless service quality. Azimuth’s standardized test solutions enable research, development, QA and marketing engineers to test the performance, conformance and certification of broadband wireless devices and networks supporting data, voice and video applications.
Azimuth’s Solutions enable dynamic modeling of real world radio environments to accelerate testing while improving reliability of wireless solutions.
The Azimuth Approach
Azimuth testing solutions center around its patented testing technology that provides unmatched repeatability, flexibility and automation for wireless data communications testing. The key elements of the Azimuth Approach include: RadioProof™ enclosures that isolate the RF environment; Azimuth DIRECTOR™ test executive to provide an easy-to-use console for test and device management; and Azimuth STUDIO™ database management software for automated report generation and correlation of test results.
Azimuth is the leader in testing solutions for wireless voice, video, and data devices and networks. Our solutions deliver automated scripts that enabled the development of better products while dramatically reduce test time and expense:
- Benchmarking — compare device and infrastructure solutions with both conducted and over the air performance tests.
- Troubleshooting — Use Azimuth’s real world solutions to track down problem root causes. Use RPM to identify antenna related issues then use Field to Lab to evaluate the dynamic environment that the problem appeared in. Use ACE MX to emulate the faded real world environment that the user experiences.
- Product Development — precise measurement of throughput and device interoperability against real world environments consisting of either standard channel models or dynamic real world drive test captures.
- Interoperability — assess how well devices and infrastructure interact when connected via a real world environment.
Azimuth offers both hardware platforms for test (ACE MX and RPM) as well as software driven solutions to leverage Azimuth’s MIMO expertise (FTL).
- Channel Emulators — accurately emulates multipath environments to test wireless devices based on Multiple-Input-Multiple-Output (MIMO) technology
- RPM — a 3D Isotropic Reverb Chamber mated to an Azimuth ACE MX enabling device testing with and through the antenna in faded environments.
- Field to Lab — software that enables use of the unfiltered drive test data to help test engineers visualize the radio environment and network state that existed during a drive test when a problem occurred. Unlimited playback of any mapped drive test data.
Azimuth’s fully integrated software architecture is designed to efficiently manage all aspects of wireless testing from test configuration to analysis of results.
- Azimuth DIRECTOR™ II is a flexible software management tool that runs standard scripts, enables automation of custom test plans and manages all the devices in the testbed.
Azimuth provides comprehensive training to those responsible for installing, programming, and operating our products. In addition, we train authorized distributor salespeople on the features and benefits of our hardware and software. We deliver training in formal classroom settings, in the field, and through certification programs. Azimuth offers a complete package of professional services.